Sunday, April 11, 2010

Data Stewardship and the Promotion of Data Protection – Are You Vigilant Enough to Stop A Trainwreck?



If you are asked to be a Database Cop, and you follow the code of ethics of your organisation, especially a public organisation (i.e. working by the book), erstwhile assuming that you are in a hostile environment, rampant with Workplace Bullyingwhen, or better yet, where is a DBA supposed to stop when protecting public data? I am very passionate about our job as protector of the data - and for more on this subject, please read Brad McGehee’s DBA Code of Conduct because if you see multiple faults, and maybe four as I did, then you should do all you can to avoid a trainwreck for your respective organisation because just like an Airplane, it could only take two chains of error before the plane hits the ground. Brad lays out a clear path to follow. Also, pay special attention perhaps to my comment at the end which is in reference to the two government organisations who are working on my behalf (and provided with stacks of evidence also, being as municieux as a DBA should be) to take judicial action in opposition to our state pension plans’ violation of both Federal and Provincial laws, followed by Human Rights violations.
Much of my negative energy from that disastrous experience (a bit like what Canadian Diplomat Colvin is living through now perhaps, to the extreme of Prime Minister Harper proroguing parliament to conceal the issue during the Olympics, as well as extend our MPs holidays) has been vented out within the scrolls of this blog over this past year employing altruism, introspection and sublimation, both mature Defence Mechanisms. The latter, I was informed of only just recently, certainly makes judging specific psychological behavioural traits. The hundred-twenty thousand plus visitors are appreciated I might add with a kind gesture (Cum numine benigno). Further, your comments are welcome (although frightenting scarce on the Blogger version), or you can just stop on by as I shall continue to use digital photos for eye candy too. The real world isn't so beautiful, but at least I can maintain my idealism through photographs!
Microsoft has just showed their appreciation earlier this year by passing on the Most Valuable Professional Award for SQL Server. I have to admit that I thought it just slipped by since I didn't hear from my gracious guide, Simran Chaudry, MVP Lead for Canada, until I finally got around to catching up with my e-mail inbox flood. I have needed some downtime after travelling three times within the past month or so - first of the three trips was to Cambridge as you can see below. There was lot of family to catch up with there, plus with the Simple Talk editors at a certain famous Dim Sum place on Regent Street.

Some tasks can seem endless and require years to do, but they have to be done (or so they told themselves while working on this King's College Chapel Cieling).

Next up...The face of data protection in the United Kingdom: Chris Graham, and his recent Parliamentary Committee Hearing.

Interesting Data Stewardship References, if the subject interests you:


No comments:

Post a Comment